Originally posted: June 17, 2012
This week, I have chosen my topic for my
action research to be conducted over the next year. Our school
installed wifi into all campuses and will be incorporating a Bring Your
Own Device program for the kids. Each high school student and district
teacher will be able to connect one device to the wifi and use their
devices in the school. As I begin my action research project, some
information from another school district that has implemented Bring Your
Own Device sparks interest and the drive for the success of BYOD. In
school district X, out of 68% of the students that had devices, only 41%
got a school account because "Teachers do not allow or expect us to use
the technology...Teachers just want us to have pens and paper and read
the chapter and answer questions or problems in the book". My goal in
the implementation of BYOD at our school is to give teachers resources
to change the instructional model in order to have effective use of the
technology.
I really like the idea of having the bring your own device to school. I look forward to seeing the outcome of your research.
ReplyDelete